A Guest House that’s ideal for walking in Windermere
The Hawksmoor Guest House is also an ideal Windermere B&B for both recreational and serious walkers looking to explore Windermere and the Lake District. You can start you’re day in the best possible way with a locally sourced full English Breakfast and then come back to us at night after a day of adventuring for or a relaxing soak in one of our well appointed bathrooms and just relax.
We have attempted to cater the B&B so it is a guest house that is ideal for walkers regardless of your level. Primarily we have a dedicated drying room for all of your kit so you can really make the most of the fantastic walking the area has to offer every day you spend with us. Our staff also have an excellent local knowledge and first hand experience of the walks on offer in and around the area whether it’s great scenery or technical challenges you’re after.
We also understand that the details matter too so we always go out of our way to make sure we can help and are one of the best Windermere guest houses for walkers. Looking for some new boots or want to try walking for the first time? We can suggest a number of local shops that can cater for all your requirements. Would you like a flat walk that suitable for a push chair or mobility scooter? We’ll be able to suggest a number of routes starting from the guest house.
Besides excellent food and rooms our other walker specific facilities and services include:
• A dedicated drying room that usually has the wettest clothes dry in 8-9 hours.
• First Aid kit available just in case you need a plaster or got caught by some nettles.
Additional walker food and drink facilities:
• Besides our usual drink and food facilities we also offer a free flask top up facilities and the ability to pre-order any specific requirements you have, from specific dietary requirements to packed lunches for your family.
All the essential information you might need:
• Details of nearest doctor, dentist, hospital and chemist.
• We also have a range of maps and books available for reference or purchase on walking in the area.
• Don’t want to take the car? We have information on local public transport and a great working relationship with the local taxi firms.
• Daily weather information for the area on hand every day.
• Details of nearest cash machine, public telephone, post office, post box and outdoor equipment shops.
• We also cater for large walking groups including storage facilities and accommodating special requirements.